aCVi is a video interface for transmitting SD and HD video over long distances of coaxial or twisted pair cable.
Although NTSC and PAL analogue video can be transmitted over long distances, the quality is quite poor and the high frequency compensation often does not match the cable properly, leading to peaking and overshoots.
SM21 accepts analogue NTSC/PAL inputs which it decodes using a very high quality 3D comb filter to ensure maximum quality and minimal artifacts. The video is then converted to aCVi for transmission over long distances (>1km) of either coaxial (e.g. RG-59) or twisted pair cable. The SM21 automatically adjusts for the cable length.
The aCVi is received using the SM08-SD module, which converts the aCVi to an SDI output.
aCVi has applications in:
- Industrial inspection.
- Remote imaging.
- Subsea imaging, ROV vehicles.
- Pipeline inspection.
- Vehicle cameras.
- Information displays.
- 3D/stereo inspection.
- Accepts analogue NTSC/PAL video standards (automatic standard detection).
- Decodes the NTSC/PAL using an adaptive 3D frame comb filter for the hihest quality and least artifacts.
- 5.5MHz luma bandwidth.
- aCVi transmission uses non-overlapping chroma and luma to reduce cable distortion.
- Simultaneous coaxial and twisted pair cable outputs.
- Fully specified for transmission of >1000m of RG-59 coaxial cable.
- Automatic cable length equalisation - no user adjustment or setup necessary.
Download the SM21 user manual.
For the highest quality and reliability, the SM21 module uses Analog Devices components.