Colour single chip sensors do not have the resolution to match their published array size. This is because each pixel in the sensor is either red, green or blue whereas to realise true performance each pixel should be red, green and blue. So a 1920 x 1080 sensor array actually only has 960 x 1080 green pixels and 960 x 540 red and blue pixels.
The SM11 produces true '3-chip' performance which can approach or even exceed HD cameras advertised as 1920 x 1080 resolution. Cameras advertised as HD interpolate the 'missing pixels' using Bayer -demosaicing, which in itself can create artifacts. By creating these artificial pixels it means that you have more information to transmit and more information to store, and none of this is 'true' image information.
SM11 has applications in:
- Industrial inspection.
- Remote imaging.
- Subsea imaging, ROV vehicles.
- Pipeline inspection.
Compare the SM11 with your existing HD camera and you'll be surprised at the results.
- Sensor array of 960 x 540 x RGB (3x) for true 960H performance.
- 16:9 aspect ratio.
- 1/3rd inch low noise CMOS Panasonic sensor with >50dB SNR.
- Integrated sensor image pipeline.
- Digital and analogue outputs.
- Fully specified for transmission of >500m (coaxial) and >300m (twisted pair) [analogue outputs].
- Automatic cable length equalisation.
- 42 x 42mm module format.
Download the SM11 user manual.
The SM11 may be purchased online using all major credit cards or via PayPal.