The intellectual property core accepts BT656 formatted data and the associated 27MHz clock which it encodes to a 10 bit, digital composite video signal at 27MHz, which can be used to directly drive a digital to analogue converter, modulator or other output device. PT9 includes circuitry to reduce or eliminate cross colour and cross-luma artifacts that standard line-comb decoders are prevalent to.
- PAL-M/N/B/D/G/H/I, NTSC-M/J and 960H outputs (optional).
- High quality video output: <1% DG and <1deg DP, <1% K-factor and <-70dB SNR.
- Requires BT656 video input and 27/54MHz clock.
- Fully programmable for non-standard inputs and outputs.
- Can work in either slave or master mode.
- Output is up-sampled to 27MHz straight binary digital composite video.
- Switchable luma and chroma comb to reduce cross-colour and cross-luma artifacts in the decoder.
- Pre-programmed register settings for common standards.Standard 8-bit control interface bus.
Download the PT9 user manual.
The image above shows the effect of the PT9 cross-colour reduction mode with a line comb decoder (left: cross colour off, right: cross colour on).