aCVi (revision 2) is a trademarked proprietary format for the long distance transmission of video over coaxial or twisted pair cable. It can also interface directly with the RAW data from an image sensor, negating the need for an ISP in your camera.
aCVi has applications in:
- Industrial inspection.
- Remote imaging.
- Subsea imaging, ROV vehicles.
- Pipeline inspection.
- Digital signage.
PT52 is an aCVi (revision 2) compatible decoder IP core.
- Accepts 720p-25/30/50/59/60Hz, 1080p-24/25/29/30Hz, 1080i-50/59/60Hz video standards in digital aCVi format.
- 15MHz luma/chroma bandwidth.
- Fully specified for transmission of >500m (coaxial) and >300m (twisted pair) of aCVi format.
- Automatic cable length equalisation.
- Low latency (<100us).
- Uncompressed video transmission.
The image above is a screen capture of a 30MHz frequency sweep, after transmission through 300m of RG-59 coaxial cable.